Thursday, July 5, 2007

I've Got To Stop Celebrating!


Celebrated 4th of July with family and friends yesterday. Had a good time, but ate too much. I started out the day pretty well. Thought about skipping lunch, knowing that I'd have a big meal with the family that night. But, I decided I should eat something so I didn't get too hungry and really overeat during supper. I had a 4 pt. grilled chicken wrap for lunch, 15 baked Tostitos scoops (love those things!) and salsa for lunch. For supper my Dad grilled steak, pork chops and chicken on the grill. Mom made corn on the cob, baked potatoes, grilled zuchini and salad. I had steak, baked potato, corn and salad. I used "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray, fat free sour cream, fat free dressing, etc. So.....made it through supper without totally blowing it (portions were a little big, but it was a holiday you know). Then, we made snow cones. Again, I did okay cause I made mine with sugar free flavoring. The day's almost over when my Mom remembers that she bought this beautiful 4th of July cake just for us. Now, my Mom has celiac sprue (gluten allergy) and can't eat cake. My Dad has sugar diabetes and shouldn't eat cake. So, when Mom says she bought this special cake just for us, she really did. Honestly, I really didn't even want the cake because it was white cake. I like white, but it's not cheat worthy. Chocolate is definitely cheat worthy. Anyway, here was this big white cake with only a few of us to enjoy a piece. I ate a small piece just because I didn't want to hurt Mom's feelings. This probably wouldn't be a big deal for most, but for me, if I fall off the wagon and get that taste for real sugar again I start to crave it. So.....today's been hard. I just ate two fudgesicles, two WW chocolate caramel (2 pt.) bars and one pkg. of 100 calorie chocolate Hostess cupcakes. Now I feel sick. Hopefully, I've got it out of my system and will refocus tomorrow.

4 comments:

Candace MacPherson said...

yup, those cakes are purdy! We avoided Cake on Canada Day (being at a camp ground helped), but July 4 is the official birthday of both my girls, so they picked out a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Two nights running I had 'small pieces'. Before bed I warned hubby to take what was left to work today. Just having it in the house drives me to gain weight. Good luck shaking this off.

Annie said...

My weakness is spinach dip... made a double batch, took half to mike's house... then send most of the remainder home with mike last night when he mentioned terri had eaten the first half... better her than me. She called from work asking for the recipe. Apparently all the pharmacy was gobbling it up. I was glad. I am going to be better today, right after I have some spinach dip for breakfast.

The Price's Wife said...

I totally relate... once you start down the treat path it's hard to come back... and like you, I always eat a MILLION diet treats the next day... My 4th of July sin? Mint BROWNIES!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.